Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Little Mama

A funny thing happened Sunday morning at breakfast. The morning started out the same as always. Ben woke up around 7:30 and I nursed him. After that he always has oatmeal with some kind of fruit for breakfast. (Normally Daddy feeds him his breakfast on the weekends) I don't know why, but he has always eaten better when Matt feeds him. Anyway, Matt sat down to feed him and he sat there with his mouth clamped shut. Well, these days that just never happens. Matt waited a few minutes and tried again, but Ben was not having it. Normally I wouldn't worry about it, but we were heading to church that morning and I knew Ben would never make it all the way through the service if he didn't eat. I decided to give it a go, but I couldn't get him to take one bite of food either. We just let him play in his high chair for a little while not having any idea why he wouldn't eat. Meanwhile Ava had woken up and came down for pancakes and strawberries. I told her that we could not get Ben to eat and she asked if she could try to feed him. (She had never fed him by herself before this) I figured it couldn't hurt so she gave it a shot. Well, dang it if she did not get Ben to eat every bite of his meal. It was the sweetest thing. She sat so patiently feeding him like a little mama. Maybe Ben just had his heart set on his big sister feeding him, who knows? Ava was quite proud of herself and we all got a good laugh about it that morning around the breakfast table.

No comments: