Thursday, April 23, 2009

Jealous

Confession: I have been bitten by the green eyed monster this week. Many months ago when my baby was a newborn and my life was consumed with round the clock nursing and everything that comes along with a brand spankin' new Benjamin, my best friend Karen invited me to go on a girls trip to Mexico. At the time that seemed about as realistic to me as a trip to the moon or 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep. This is a picture of my very smart/pretty friend Karen and myself on our last fabulous trip to Mexico:
So today as I write, she is probably on the beach sipping a fruity drink and soaking up the sun. I gotta tell you- I am so jealous of her right now I could spit. I'm not kidding. Have one for me Karen- wish I could be there! It really doesn't sounds like such a bad idea now...girls trip to Mexico.....why didn't I at least entertain the idea??? Why? Oh why??? I'll tell you why. As much as I would LOVE to re-live this moment:

(Oh- that was a fun night and I will explain all that glitter later- maybe not) As much fun as a tropical escape sounds in theory... I am in the midst of a very serious and inescapable love affair...there is a new man in my life... I cannot tear myself away from this:

I am just not ready to be away from him for any extended period of time. And I am OK with that! Really I am. Live it up Karen! You definitely deserve it lady.

No comments: