Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Feeling Inspired

Ever since the day Ben was born time seems to have taken on a whole new concept for me. How in the world has it been six months since he was born? It seems like yesterday. I used to think that was such a cliche thing to say...pre-Ben. The whole reason behind starting this blog is really just about me being able to keep track of my memories better. I think it will be great for other people to come here and see pictures of our family and keep track of what we are up to, but mostly I am just feeling inspired to not forget. I am already having trouble recalling Ben's first days. I can barely remember the night I met Ava and instantly decided to give my "no dating men with children" rule the boot. I really don't want to look back and regret not keeping better track of all the special moments of our little family. This sounds really cheesey to me even as I am writing it- but I really don't care. I am not very funny, or creative, or good at taking pictures- so there goes Matt's hope that I will become a multi-millionaire blogger that gets a guest spot on Oprah. I am just my husband's wife and kid's mom who wants to do everything I can document these days of ours- because- shockingly- they are more exciting to me than any job I have ever had, any trip I have ever been on, or frankly anything else I have ever done.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so excited for you to start your blog! That way we can't miss a thing being in Waco. Oh who knows maybe one day your blog will be known all over...I have some name suggestions...
Sher-Sher in the City!
Honky Tonk Mom

claire said...

I love your blog spot !!! I cannot believe Ben is already 6 months old....did you know that he was born on my Dad's birthday...that is so special. He's so gorgeous and happy....I see so much of each of you in him. He's precious. Savannah is ready to walk. She's almost 11 months. How time flies....thank goodness you started this. I look forward to more pictures. I would love to do lunch with you one day soon. I'll call you. Claire